Reports To: CEO
Job Classification: Exempt
Job Function: Responsible for the development, planning and management of Financial Services; Local, State and Federal regulatory Compliance & Reporting; and for participation as part of the Agency’s Leadership Team.
1) Master’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field or Bachelor’s Degree with at least seven (7) years of directly related and progressive experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired but not required.
2) Progressive management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
3) Experience working with Organizations who are growth minded. Ability to see the big picture and can assist in our goal to continue expansion of our mission.
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5) Flexible and a self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities while also being detail oriented and provide
6) Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and policy related to financial accounting,
budgeting and regulatory compliance for all grants and contracts and generally accepted accounting and auditing standards. Understanding of Uniform Guidance.
7) Knowledge of 501(c)(3) federal regulations and other applicable State and Federal regulations regarding tax and payroll requirements; and extensive experience in financial accounting, budgeting, and analysis.
8) Computer literacy required including the use of technology that creates efficiency including extensive experience with accounting software and spreadsheets. Experience with Yardi/Buildium, cost accounting preferred.
9) Ability to work proactively and progressively with community partners, colleagues, and other groups.
10) Sensitive to the needs and possess a thorough understanding of the social issues, and public policy related to affordable housing, poverty, and at-risk groups.
11) Committed to team approach problem solving and working to resolve conflicts at all levels maintaining a commitment to values of integrity and transparency and the mission of BCNI.
1) Duties may include Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis and Ratio Analytics, Payroll, Audits, Cost Control, Insurance, Budgeting, Contract Compliance, Projections and Forecasts, Strategic Planning, Program Operations Support, and Business Plan Development, Account reconciliations, collections and vouchering.
2) Ensure quality of services, monitor and ensure compliance with agency and program policies, and relevant regulations pertaining to all services and development.
3) Liaison to funding sources, professional organizations, and community partners as needed and represents the CEO and the organization in a manner that meets the highest standards of integrity, professionalism and outcomes.
4) Responsible for oversight of the department ensuring all requirements for reporting are met, the development of appropriate office systems, draft timely and accurate completion of renewal applications (financial portions), contract monitoring, and working proactively with (management) the Directors to develop and monitor all budgets.
5) Responsible for resource development in a support function for new grants.
6) Responsible for the advisement to the CEO, and the Board of Directors under the direction of the CEO, on agency financial matters and responsible for financial analysis and regulatory compliance for all high-level initiatives.
7) Oversight of department hiring, termination and employee orientation and development, ensuring compliance with personnel policies and agency philosophy and development of department related procedures.
8) Responsible for ensuring a timely annual audit and the submission of 990’s and Charities 500 for the organization, working directly with auditors both internal and external, and meeting all compliance and financial reporting requirements. Analyzes audit reports, makes recommendations to the CEO and Board of Directors for corrective actions, when necessary, and implements approved corrective actions.
9) Responsible for drafting amendments of accounting policies and procedures keeping in line with generally accepted accounting principles and government regulatory requirements.
10) Actively participate in the agency leadership team, provide organizational leadership and be a champion of new projects and agency initiatives.
11) Responsible for linkages between the department and the agency leadership team, ensuring communication is open and proactive and resolving conflicts proactively.
12) Responsible for the annual renewal and maintenance of all insurance policies and the proper monitoring of claims ensuring the organization is protected from excessive claims.
13) Ensure integration of services, both internally and externally with partners, working to ensure fiscal and administrative quality and elimination of duplication of effort by employees and partners.
14) Responsible for monitoring and compliance issues for agency pension and fringe benefits and management of all commensurate information.
15) All other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience