Better Community Neighborhoods, Inc. seeks a motivated, customer service professional with excellent communication, written and organizational skills to assist customers in need of home repairs and rehabilitation of their homes. The Program Assistant is primarily responsible for the initial contact with customers, assessing their needs and determining their eligibility, as well as directing them to the appropriate referral source. This position is also responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities such as intakes and screening, scheduling appointments, client communication and application review. Departmental document preparation, including but not limited to (client correspondence, closing documents, and invoicing), file and calendar maintenance for the department. This position requires self-motivation and detail-oriented skills.
- Communication/Outreach – Type all client correspondence such as: determination/waiting list/ Informational letters. Respond to inquiries regarding grant programs, Referrals to and from other community services, intakes and screenings, scheduling and confirming appointments, inspections, and closings.
- Facilitate – Departmental documents- closing docs, weekly inspection paperwork, waiver of liens. Prep new application paperwork for Income determination. Prep documents for county submission. Prep required documents for reporting and billing.
- Maintain– Mailing list database -clients waiting list; Marketing and outreach material; Client file folder, client e-file (using Share Point); Department Calendar (using Outlook); Departmental email account. Photo e-file- before and after pictures
- Client Communication– Face to face appointments for clients applying for Grants. Reviewing application and required docs to ensure paperwork is complete and accurate; updated documents as required; respond to client inquiries and concerns.
- Research– Search County sites for school and property taxes;(Landex) for deeds/liens and other programs homeowner insurances. Search for property information- create new community referral sources.
- Other duties as required by departmental needs.
High School Diploma, Associates preferred
At least two (2) years’ experience in Administration and Customer Service.
- Ability to maintain schedule of deliverables
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Adept at learning new skills
- Have the ability to problem solve
- Must be a team player
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week to be performed on-site.
Commensurate with experience